Dental crowns are popular tooth restorative devices, which can help to restore the shape, size, strength, and the appearance of your teeth. Dental crowns help to solve many dental health problems, for example, tooth decay, chips, cavities, breaks, stains, gapped teeth, crooked teeth, and others. Traditionally, a dental crown procedure would require several appointments, thus seeing you wait for a long time before you could start enjoying the benefits they offer. However, thanks to technological advancement, same day crowns are now available. At The Dentists at North Cypress, we offer same day crowns, allowing you to enjoy their benefits instantly.
Same day crowns are dental crowns that are used to restore your teeth in a single appointment. The crowns, which are made of ceramic, are designed using computer technology – Computer Aided Design (CAD) – which allows for the design and manufacture of the crowns in a short time.
A same day crown procedure starts with the preparation of the tooth, which involves cleaning, removing of decaying parts, and shaping it so that the crown fits perfectly. The CAD software is then used to design the crown, and then the design is transferred to a manufacturing machine to produce it – a procedure that can last as short as just a few minutes. After the fitting of the crown is verified, it is then placed on your damaged tooth, restoring it instantly.
How do same day crowns compare to the traditional crowns? This is a question you are likely to ask yourself if you are considering getting same day crowns. The answer is that there are no differences between the crowns, with the only difference being in the procedure:
• Time –
• same day crowns are installed in a single appointment while traditional crowns require a longer waiting period
• Cost –
• due to a single appointment, same day crowns are cheaper than traditional crowns that require several appointments
• Material –
• same day crowns are made of ceramic, while traditional crowns can be made of ceramic, porcelain, or metal.
Everything else is, however, the same when comparing same day crowns with traditional crowns. They offer the same restorative benefits, they are just as durable, and there are no issues of fitting – thanks to the accuracy of computer designing and manufacturing.
Same day crowns have several benefits, which makes them a great choice when you are considering dental crowns. These benefits include:
• Saving time and money –
• you get your crowns in a single appointment, which saves you from having to wait around for several weeks. It also saves you much money on appointment fees.
• Accurate and attractive design –
• the computer designing and manufacturing allows for the creation of accurate, natural-looking crowns, which are more attractive compared to traditional crowns that are created from teeth impressions.
• No need for temporary crowns –
• with traditional crowns, you have to wear temporary crowns during the waiting period. These temporary crowns are likely not to fit properly, which makes them uncomfortable. The poor fit can also cause food particles to be trapped in your teeth, causing even further damage.
Dental crowns play an important role in repairing and restoring your teeth, and with same day crowns, you can enjoy these benefits in a single day. If you are considering crowns, call us, The Dentists at North Cypress, at (281) 664-8100 to learn more about same day crowns.