Do you have stained teeth? There are several teeth whitening solutions that can get rid of the stains. However, some of these solutions are not very effective, and will only get rid of partial stains, while others will only offer you short-term whitening benefits. Other whitening solutions can even be damaging to your teeth and gums, thus ending up causing more problems. However, at The Dentists at North Cypress, we offer reliable and effective teeth whitening solutions in the form of Opalescence whitening, which helps to fully restore your smile.
Opalescence whitening is a tooth whitening procedure that makes use of Opalescence gels to get rid of both surface and deep stains. The gels contain an active whitening ingredient—hydrogen peroxide or carbamide peroxide, which removes the stain by oxidizing them, thus breaking down their chemical composition. Unlike some whitening agents, the agents found in the Opalescence gels are chemically activated. Therefore, light activation (use of lasers) is not necessary, but it can be used to increase the effectiveness of the procedure.
Opalescence gels also contain a potassium nitrate and fluoride. The potassium nitrate helps to reduce the sensitivity of your teeth to the whitening procedure, thus making the process safer and less invasive. Fluoride, on the other hand, boosts the strength of your tooth enamel.
There are several reasons why Opalescence whitening is a better choice than other teeth whitening procedures. Below is a look at some of them:
• It has faster treatment times—opalescence gels are strong and fast-acting whitening agents, which help to deliver faster results.
• It is safe—opalescence gels are sticky and viscous, which guarantees that they will remain on your teeth and not seep into your gums or other parts of your mouth. Therefore, the procedure is safer compared to other whitening techniques. On top of that, the gels are chemically activated, and thus there is no need of using lasers—which can damage parts of your mouth.
• It promotes dental health—opalescence gels contain potassium nitrate and fluoride. Both of these ingredients help to promote dental health—potassium nitrate by reducing the sensitivity of your teeth to the whitening agent, and fluoride by increasing the strength of the enamel.
• It offers long-lasting results—in addition to offering faster results, Opalescence whitening also delivers longer-lasting results. With this procedure, you can enjoy a brighter, whiter, and more vibrant smile for much longer.
• It keeps your teeth hydrated—opalescence whitening gels also contain water, which helps to keep your teeth hydrated during and after the procedure.
The Opalescence whitening procedure is carried out in a single appointment. It starts with the cleaning of your teeth to remove any debris—plaque, tartar, food particles, etc. After the cleaning, a cheek retractor is inserted into your mouth to expose the surface of the teeth, while a protective substance will be applied to the gums to protect them. The gel is then applied, leaving it for about 10–15 minutes before rinsing. The application is repeated, for at least two times, until the desired results are achieved.
Opalescence whitening is effective and offers long-lasting results. However, these results are not permanent, and over time, your teeth can become discolored again. However, you can maintain the results of the procedure for much longer through some ways:
• Proper oral hygiene—regular brushing to prevent accumulation of stains • Avoiding or limiting the intake of staining substances—coffee, wine, cigarettes, etc.
• Using Opalescence home products—toothpaste, home whitening kits, toothbrushes, and others to maintain the results
• Touch up treatments
Opalescence is an effective tooth whitening procedure that offers faster, longer-lasting, and safer results. Call us, The Dentists at North Cypress, at (281) 664-8100 today to find out more about Opalescence whitening and how it can make a difference in your life.